Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 26

Ryan Getzlaf
Birthday: May 10, 1985 (Age 25)
Hometown: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Height: 6 ft. 4 in.
Weight: 220 lb.
Position: Centre
Current Team: Anaheim Ducks
Hockey Stuff:
- 19th overall in 2003
- assistant captain of the Ducks
- won the Stanley Cup (2007)
- represented Canada in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics
- won a gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics
- played in the NHL All-Star game (2008, 2009)


SIX reasons why I love him:
1. He's really hot (and no, the fact that he's balding does not bother me)
2. He's hilarious! I don't know about you guys, but I found him funny in the 2010 NHL Awards video with his teammate Bobby Ryan:
Ryan: Dude, are you using my medal as a coaster?
Getzlaf: Oh, is this your medal? Sorry I didn't recognize it it wasn't gold.

3. Led the Ducks in scoring during the Playoffs the year they won the Stanley Cup (2007)
4. Again, the whole Canadian business pretty much does it for me
5. He played other sports as a kid (volleyball, football (tailback), and baseball (catcher)!)
6. Him and Corey Perry are just fantastic on ice together. I LOVED watching them at the Olympics: great chemistry. On the ducks their line (with player Dustin Penner) is called the "Kid Line".
The Kid Line

No comments:

Post a Comment