Monday, November 1, 2010

my worst nightmare

as midterms were fast approaching the beginning of October, i knew i had to stop sitting on the couch and playing video games and start opening the dusty books on my desk. but as soon as i touched my abnormal textbook, i fell asleep. it was as if there was a spell on each book that would either put me to sleep or force me to distract myself. i could not read a sentence without wanting to go watch a penguins game, go on facebook, or talk to friends on skype i didn't even know i had. i had to resort to something else--i needed to break this spell.
then i remembered my friend, Joseph Stauffer. we met in first year, during final exams of the first term. I heard that he was the best--everyone went there to study. So i took a chance, tried it out myself--i can confidently say that i studied my ass of and it was the only reason i passed first year.
Joseph Stauffer, you bastard
so i went to see Stauffer. the inside felt so familiar, as if i was walking into my second home, my niche. i sat down, opened a book, and i didn't sleep! i wanted to know how Stauffer could break the spell, but instead of questioning, I studied. and studied. and studied. until i looked at my clock and noticed that it was 1:00 AM. what kind of person stays up that late? well, at the time i thought the studious, hardworking, crazy kind. since i wanted to do really well on my midterms, i decided to join this group of crazies. one night i would be studying until 1, the next 2, the next 3 AM, regardless of what time i had class the next morning. this was the best idea i ever had-until it hit me. a week later, after all my hard work, it hit me bad.
sleep deprivation
i had never experienced it this badly. i mean, i had heard about it, almost every university student had gone through it. i had hope to never experience it because let me tell you folks, it aint pretty.
for the past two weeks i've spent majority of my spendings on cappuccinos, i've had very dark circles under my eyes, and i've worn the same thing every day-jeans and a sweatshirt.
it was a nightmare--something I never want to experience again. on friday, october 29 i said good to my good ol' friend Stauffer. i told him we would have to go our separate ways until december, when final exams start. i'll miss him, but he couldn't give me what i needed most--sleep.

so what is the moral of my rediculous story? GET SLEEP DURING MIDTERMS BECAUSE IT WILL KILL YOU AND YOU WILL WRITE REALLY STUPID THINGS ON YOUR BLOG.
that is all
i missed this thing.

1 comment:

  1. oh MAN
    story of my LIFE
    except, i sometimes fall asleep in the library
    my good friend, morisset, doesnt seem to have the same qualities as your friend stauffer
    love the caption on the picture :)
    by the way, you write beautifully

    sara :)

    ReplyDelete