Tuesday, August 17, 2010

video (on trial?)

*****SPOILER ALERT: if you have not watched the video for "Teenage Dream" do not read this post*****

Katy Perry's new video came out either yesterday or a few days ago, and I have to say after watching it 328932 times, I finally realize that I like it.
i know everyone here LOVED the video for "California Gurls" (she says in a sarcastic tone). tbh i'm not really one for videos like that, at least after the whole Blink-182 phase, but I suppose she was just showing off her fun and wild personality. for those of you who have not seen it, 1/4 of the time she's in Candy Land, 1/4 of the time she's naked, and 1/4 she's dancing in a bikini top that looks like cupcakes, and 1/4 of the time she's shooting whipped cream out of her-let's just stay PG and called them goodies.

in "Teenage Dream" she just drives around in a car with her boo, dances with her boo, watches her boo punch a punching bag (shirtless, if I may add), and has sex with her boo in a motel room (classy, i know). Might I add that the actor who plays her boo in the video is MUCH MUCH sexier than Russel Brand. I'm sure if someone told him that he'd probably say something along the lines of "at least i'm actually screwing her" or something.

now, after watching "Teenage Dream" I was just a bit confused. I don't know how to explain my confusion without sounding like a complete moron, but it reminded me of the time she released the video for the meaningful "Thinking of You" after the controversial "I kissed a girl". I suppose variety is good, but for me it just makes my head hurt.

here's the youtube link (because i have no idea how to put videos in my posts) it's cute, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. haha yes
    i do the same thing - watch the same music video 87456 times in a row that is.

    definitely "loved" the video for california gurls. i thought it was completely (sp?) irrelevant to the song
    as are ALL of lady gaga's videos
    honestly, her music is great but her videos have NOTHING TO DO with the lyrics! its just a compilation of freaky shit that she wants to do, one act after another in a meaningless order. she could very easily replace any one of her videos for any one of her songs and it'd have the same value.
    still love her music though

    i thnk katy perry's bangs are to short. but, she does pull it off well

    wow check out this comment, i should write my own blog ;p

    keep writing!

    ReplyDelete